Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tiny, Me?

Ever have one of thise moments when someone tells you something about yourself that you know just isn't true and you mentally go "Huh"?
Today a girl and her mother came over to try on the prom dress I am selling on the craighslist (didn't fit, total bummer) and during the course of the visit the woman commented that my son is going to be a big guy when he grows up. I mentioned that he started out big at 9.5 lbs and 22" long. She said, "How did you get him out you are tiny!!"
What?? Never has someone said I'm tiny. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm an amazon or anything but I am 5'8 and wear a 9/9.5 shoe. I have big hands (almost 8" long) and I'm big boned. Yeah, I read somewhere that there is not such thing as "big boned" but I defy that particular author to then explain how, with not a scrap of extra meat around my ankles I have to custom order anklets to fit for length?? Ha! Tiny. Huh. Kinda made my day.

I have a couple little teases for Jenn, since I've been working on a handbag for her today. Made the straps a litlte while ago, don't know if they are long enough. Crap. Might have to get creative. I've been "exempt" from making a quilt block off the calender since Thursday because since Thurs there has only been one actual pieced block--the only other blocks were a shamrock block and a appliqued chicken block. I am not doing the shamrock because I already made a St Patty's quilt (see back posts for Jeremiah's green quilt/Turtle-Tigress) and I plan on doing the chicken quilt one day but I want to do it in REALLY LOUD bright colored dot and stipe fabrics and I don't have them. And I can't afford them right now So instead I've been working on Jenn's bag, which has blocks so...*blows raspberry*

Jeremiah's fish have been dropping like flies. We're down to 5, we had 9. Apparently they have high cholesterol according to my mother. She's never seen obesity in fish before but mine are C.H.U.B.B.Y. I swear, we read the label on the fish food. It says "3 times daily, as much as the fish will eat in a minute." That is what we feed them. They are just Bowman fish and as we all know, Bowmans are hearty stock, LOL!


So I am a little Irish and I suck at it. I didn't make corned beef and cabbage, though I love it and the leftovers made into soup. Diantha told me, "It's as easy as making a pot roast you know" LOL! I know, but I made sausage rice casserole and made it even more southern by topping it with cheese. And I didn't wear green (though Hannah did). In fact the only thing green I own is a thong, and I'm not sure that would count anyway.

1 comment:

  1. ah man I typed something then it disappeared!
    I think the thong counts - just can't display it to everyone, well unless you wear those pants that I dont see how anyone gets on.
    Anyway nice tease. TOO FUNNY!
    I am loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete