Monday, January 5, 2009

Pinwheel Star


Today's block is another star block, yay! This block is a WAY weird size that is really gonna mess with me when I go to set them into quilts after I'm done making blocks this year. It is 9 and 1/8th inches square. My points are perfect. This is because I grabbed up some little charms I had laying around and made HSTs with them. The biggest I could square the HSTs to was 2 3/4", so I did. I guess it would have made more sense to square them to 2.5" but oh well. :oD BTW, I am going with whatever name the calender uses for these blocks. You may see them other places called other names.

Having borrowed my sister Diantha turned out to be a good thing. We got my house pretty much clean today! Hannah is a little better, thanks for those of you who asked. She's still running a fever off and on but that is teething for ya. She's getting 4 top teeth at once, bummer!

Tony got sent home from work today, even though it was supposed to be their first day back. He had a personal day they let him take so he got paid anyway, which is nice. Now he's out of vacation and personal days though so if they make them go home any other days he won't get paid. He doesn't get anymore personal/vacation until March either so we are praying it doesn't happen! He volunteered to work a press tomorrow so that he could ensure he gets to go to work but apparently they were wanting people to take off the rest of the week. We are praying he can volunteer for other things because with no more personal days we can't afford for him not to get a paycheck. All in all, the Lord is good and knows our needs before
we do, so we have no need to worry! Since he is home tonight we are de-Christmasing the house. I was going to do it tomorrow but there is no reason for him to have to miss out on all that fun!

Something fun for today, it's been going around and around the e-mail but I thought I'd post it here with my answers:

SCATTERGORIES!
o Hit Forward (or copy and paste into a new e-mail/comment)
o Erase my answers
o Enter yours
o Send it on to 10 people including the one that sent this to you.
o Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following.
o They have to be real places, names, things.... nothing made up!
o Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial.
o You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question

What is your name? Desiree
Four letter word: Dark (HAHA, you thought I'd say "Damn". Oops, I said it)
Boy's Name: Devon
Girl's Name: Danica
Occupation: Doorman
A car: Delorean
A color: Dove
Something you wear: Diapers
Beverage: Draft (beer?)
Food: Dorritos
Something in the Bathroom: Drain
A Place: Dunedin
Reason for Being Late: Deported

No comments:

Post a Comment