Monday, November 17, 2008

Oh no an ugly quilt


What do I do? Oh no, it's an ugly quilt. I needed a quilt for someone for Christmas and needed to make it from my stash. So in a blur of ambition over the weeekend I pieced 4,000 half square triangles and 4-patches. I cut, I ironed, a drew diagonals and straight lines to sew by, I sewed and cut, ironed, sewed, cut and iron..whew.

This morning my husband wanted to list his weightbench on the Craigslist so I needed to straighten up our spare bedroom, ie weightroom where my design wall is. While I was at it I put all the pieces to this quilt up on the design wall and ...

It is ugly. Ugly, ugly, ugly. I looked at it, Tony came in the room, and I said, "Oh no." He says, "Sew together the pieces, finish it and it will look better. Promise." I hope, I hope. What do I do if it doesn't look better? I'm uppa creek! Back to square one, only now my stash has been cut into 5" charms. Crap! It does look a LOT better in the photos than it does in real life, which would be perfect if I were giving someone a PHOTO of a quilt for Christmas. (sigh)

Might as well press on and hope it looks better when it's done. Crap.

But I can't do that right now anyway... have to go rescue Hannah, who just hit herself in the face with a cement mixer...

3 comments:

  1. Ok first off It's not ulgy! I would be honered to recive a gift like that!!! But then its my opinion! You did a beautiful job and I love the colors. God Bless Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too, if you want to change anything, play with the color spots. Arrange so not so many blues are together etc. Maybe its the color arrangement you are not happy with. It looks pretty though, I love the idea. And wow is that a lot of work! I wish you could see the picture on my dashboard that comes up, it pulls it altogether. It looks awesome right there! So hubby may be right you need it sewn together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think it looks that bad - certainly beats any efforts of mine LOL

    ReplyDelete