Actually it's been 11 years since I first started making nine patches for this quilt. You can read the entire sad story in my original post, Artificial Prairie Nine Patch. Finally, yesterday! I finished the binding. My joy and utter triumph was momentally deflated when I realized I had forgotten to make and attach a label. Oh well, I can add that some night this week.
It's queen sized, I machine pieced and quilted it--including the fried egg flower applique in the borders. I backed it with red toile and bound it with green sating binding that doesn't match the backing but looks incredible from the front. Alas, it is too small for my now king sized bed but I love it so I'm keeping it and using it anyway! It is all cotton (batting too) except for one nine patch which has yellow satin in it. The satin binding was for my hubby Tony, who love, love, loves satin anything.