Friday, December 11, 2009

Budding Gothling Fingerless Mitts

I made myself a to-do list today. It said:

Change Sheets
Put up ALL laundry
Read the Gruffalo book to the kids
Actually cook dinner

And I kind of failed on some of that.

I changed the sheets, grocery shopped, Walmart shopped for things like paper towels and miniature flying helicopters, hit the post office, read The Snowy Day instead of the Gruffalo, wrapped some presents and finished my Budding Gothling fingerless mitts I was working on for someone for Christmas. Oh, I also inhaled massive amounts of Excederin and homemade pizza Mom made. And not quite good store bought chocolate chip cookies.

Oh! And I spun 52 yards of camel colored merino to use for the fingertips and thumb of the mittens I want to knit for my Aunt Bev from my spin-along batt yarn from yesterday's post. Whew, that was a mouthful...

I absolutely love these fingerless mitts. They are knit from NaturallyCaron.Com's "Country" yarn which is a blend of micro-fiber acrylic and merino-wool; I've said before the yarn is horridly splitty but once you get used to it is very wonderful. They took hardly any yarn. I got almost one whole mitt from what was leftover from Tony's hat, actually all but the 3 rows of ribbing/bind off around the fingers and the thumb. I bought another skein for the 2nd mitt and it used hardly any of it. Very quick knits too, though the pair took me a week because I had to do Rush's hat and mittens in the meantime. : )

I am also so in love with these little skully pewter buttons! They are a little snug on me but they're intended for somene who's hands are significantly smaller than mine but I wanted them to have room for that person to grow. : )

While we were out Hannah's hair was static-city! It was so funny I just had to snap a pic! And, weird, weird, every fast food place I've hit in the last 2 months has given me 1 more straw than I needed! I now have this collection of straws in my car that I don't know what to do with.

1 comment:

  1. Cut the straws up to use as stitch markers, on tiny needles.

    Janey
    janeyknitting[AT]yahoo[DOT]ca
    (Change bracketed caps to symbols.)

    ReplyDelete