This week I've finally finished Hannah's sweater! It's the one I'd been working on that I was designing as I went. I knit in the round, from the top down. Now that it's done, and a little large on her, I've discovered it will probably fit her better next year but she's wearing it anyway because she loves it.
I used 2.5 skeins of NaturallyCaron.Com's "Country" yarn, which you can get at Michael's and JoAnn's. It's a microfiber-acrylic/wool blend, which I wanted for the machine washability and so the slight wool content would help it block and hold it's shape.
I cast on 96 stitches. I have no idea how many I had when I put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn and continued in the round on the body. I do know that I got the chest and a sleeve from one skein, the other sleeve and the remaining solid part of the body out of the 2nd and started the 3rd for the lace around the bottom (as well as switching to a larger needle.)
The first time she wore it she broke an egg and rubbed it on it. Thank GOD it's washable!!