Saturday, September 12, 2009

More fun for Today!

Today Tony decided to tackle that closet I wanted built upstairs as part of the whole expanding the master bedroom thing. As I type he is prepping the space to start framing in the new closet. Wonderful! But my whole house is covered in plaster dust. Everything, everything upstairs. Gonna have to wipe all my books down with a barely moist towel. Still though, it was my idea so I can't complain! He had Artemas spend the night last night and tonight to help him and upon the discovery of only one dust mask he tied a Tshirt around his head Bin Ladin style. And of course, considering it was game day, he went with a University of Tennessee Volunteers shirt LoL!
I started knitting a stocking cap (a really, really long boggin that comes to a point. Think Psycadelic Elf. I am using up any and all bits/leftover balls of fun and brightly colored redheart acrylic yarn I can find.
I got a new messenger style tote started yesterday and finished today. I call it "Pie Guard" and it's available in my etsy shop.
I usually have a black thumb when it comes to plants. Every plant, flower, rose bush I've bought has died. Quickly. Loudly. This time I got some pots and some seeds and I seem to be doing well with growing some herbs and flowers! Maybe that's the trick for me, start with seeds!

Hannah and now Jeremiah (and possibly me) have mysteriously come down with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. My children don't go to daycare, nursery, etc except for Jeremiah going to Sunday School so we usually avoid illnesses like flu and kiddie viruses. I got a one-day-a-week job at our church keeping the nursery and the first night was last Wednesday. Then Fri a friend (who's kids do go to daycare) and I took our collection of children to Dollywood where they played around barefoot in the kiddie water part. Then on Saturday we attended a family reunion where they played with their baby cousin. The only thing I can think of is somewhere along they way they picked it up. The good news is, since we're all showing signs of it already, we should be done in about a week. The other good news is that it's a fairly harmless virus that just has to run it's course. The bad news is baby Hannah has severe blisters ALL over her feet (maybe 40 of them) and she's been up at night crying a lot. : ( I feel so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment