Monday, April 19, 2010

Betsy Dresses, round 1

Two new dresses for my babiest sister Betsy, who just turned 3. Her favorite color is red and she had startling blue eyes just like the vampires in the Underworld series (when they start to feed, LOL! Google image search if you'd like.)

When I found this small mushroom print in the clearance rack at a local quilt shop, I thought it was perfect for a Betsy dress. I pulled the perfect red from my stash, washed and ironed it and then realized it has very faint paw prints on it. What the heck? Anyway, it doesn't show up very well and I am unable to go buy more fabric right now so the pawprint fabric was made to work for the top of the dress.

For the skirt for the 2nd I used a 1/2yd of "fat eighth" fabric that Tony got me for our anniversary years ago. I think it was our 1st anniversary, he and baby Jeremiah went out and bought me several half yard cuts of fabric (3 of which were these type), some thread and a really good pair of scissors. : ) He's so sweet! I had to piece the lining of the top to get it all cut out of the piece of solid blue I had but it looks very nice inside so I'm happy with it. I would rahter have to piece the lining then just throw the larger chunks of fabric in the scrap bin.

I have a couple more dresses I'm planning for her, one shaped just like this from some AWESOME fabric I found in mine and Mom's stash. You'll just have to stay tuned to see it, I'm excited so I'm not giving anything away.

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute. Does your daughter want one now too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every weеkend i uѕed to pay a quick visit this
    web pagе, for the reason that i wаnt enjoyment, as thіs thіs wеb
    pаge conatіons trulу pleаsant funnу
    data too.

    Heгe is my web-site RPMPоker Prοmotions ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thаnk уоu for the ausρicious ωriteup.

    It іn truth wаs once a аmusement account it.
    Glance complex tο far aԁdeԁ agreeable
    frοm you! However, hoω could ωe сommunicate?


    my site ... RPMΡoker Bonus **

    ReplyDelete