Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What a nice, busy day

My husband's and my 4th anniversary is on Thursday, and since we were unable to do anything (even afford cards, LOL) last year, we budgetted and he took today, tomorrow and Thursday off of work. Today we planned to make good on our promises to Jeremiah to take him to Dollywood (he loves to ride their train) since we'd been saying we'd go since last Christmas. We got up, got ready, drove the hour it takes us to get there only to discover they were closed today! Aaahhh! It was like a moment out of Nat'l Lampoon's Vacation, when the Griswald's get to Wally World, find it closed and Clark has a slight nervous breakdown. I wanted to get out of the car and kick over their wooden saw-horse parking signs.

We talked for a minute about if we should just go home, but that would have wasted a trip to Pigeon Forge so we simply decided to take Jeremiah to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg instead. He loves fish; we have a 20gal tank of our own and recently discovered 2 new rosey-barb babies! He was happy about going, but was still sad to miss out on the train ride at Dollywood. We had a lot of fun at the aquarium, there were a lot of neat fish. Hannah especially liked the jelly fish.

After we left we walked down the stip in Gatlinburg to the giant marble ball and then back to car to head back to Pigeon Forge to a small amusement park and go-cart track there. Jeremiah had never ridden go-carts and he had the biggest time! The "amusement" part of the place is basically a handful of little kiddie rides and they had a train! Oh he was so happy he was going to get to ride a train he nearly wet himself!

Then we had dinner and drove home. All in all we spent about as much money as we would have at Dollywood, but we all agreed that we think we had more fun. Tony and I used to drive over and have outtings just like today when we were dating and we talked on the way home that it's neat that we take our kids to do the same type of stuff we liked to do before we had them.

I think we're going to try Dollywood again in about a month once they put up all their Christmas lights and we're going to see if Tony's Mom wants to go with us.

I didn't get a single bit of sewing done, but all that riding in the car gave me time to knit on a baby hat. Got it about a third of the way done. Maybe I can sew a little tomorrow. We're all home and showered and very sleepy, but very happy to have been blessed with a nice, safe day together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment